Combe's first Methodist chapel was a Wesleyan one built in 1835 at the eastern edge of the village. In 1893 the original Wesleyan chapel was rebuilt, with the 9th Duke of Marlborough laying the foundation stone. As well as the Methodists, the chapel has been the home of Combe Pre-School since the 1970's.
In 2015 the Methodists took the difficult decision to close the chapel and put it up for sale on the open market.
It was listed as an Asset of Community Value and a group of individuals from the village came together with the aim of acquiring it for the community anbd securing the of the Pre-School.
In May 2017, after almost two years of fundraising, and with massive support from the village, Combe Community Hub took ownership of the Chapel.
In addition to securing a permanent home for the Pre-School, the aim of Combe Community Hub is to complement the other facilities in the village and offer a large, flexible space for a wide range of activities including art, music, drama and cinema clubs, workshops, courses, and talks, etc.